One Room Challenge // Week 4

October 22, 2014


I feel like today's post should be titled "nothing to see here." Which I know is not a solid way to start a post, but it's kind of the truth. If you're just joining us, you might want to peruse week 1, week 2 and week 3 for a thorough history of where we've been with my master bedroom redo.

For me, week 4 tends to be when things start to fall into place (but you can't show things in place because it gives it all away). It's also the week that you start to freak out over the ambitious list of things you haven't tackled yet (or recently ordered and must now pray for their timely arrival).

There's a term for the latter...It's...Wait...Oh, right. Procrastination.

Which should have been my middle name. But I guess Gwendelyn sounded better.

What do I actually have for you this week? Well, most of the furniture is in place. This ensures that the room is good and lived in before you see it. Because I like these challenges best when it looks like someone could actually use the room.

Outstanding elements from last week:

I considered a LOT of fabrics for the bench at the end of the bed. Animal print definitely reigned supreme with its timelessness and ability to act as a solid. Can't wait to get my final choice! Can you guess which one I went with?

I had a lot of black lighting options to choose from as well.

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

Truthfully, this one had me a little deflated as my favorites were well out of my budget. Reader to the rescue! Thank you, Anonymous (words no blogger ever expects to say), for your suggestion! I had to order them in white, which I'll give a chance just for fun. But they're probably getting painted matte black as discussed last week.

Art has been another slow process for me. Most of my choices are getting vetoed by the other party that shares this room. I want both of us to love what we wake up to every morning, so this may just be a matter of rearranging pieces we already have in the house in the interest of meeting the 6 week deadline. Verdict is still out.

I mentioned last week that I was narrowing hardware choices to customize our sleek new white Malm dresser. Well it's now been selected but I'm still not revealing the final choice just yet. If you follow on Instagram, you'll probably get a sneak peek because I'm guessing that I won't be able to contain myself when that box finally arrives! Here are a few of my faves, which you've likely seen ad nauseum on Pinterest. But they're just that good.

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11

Tough decision, right? I basically had to close my eyes and point.

And now it's time for the best part of my day!
Who's doing a better job of procrastinating than me?


Trademarked by Calling it Home

23 comments:

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I started my post the same way. Not really much to show. I am down to the wire on hardware for my desk. My furniture guy texted me last night and said he wasn't waiting any longer for the ones I ordered.....you have some fabulous choices and to Anthro I head later today! Also, love the fabric choices, the top right is being used in my master bedroom also. Love it. Good luck this week.

Unknown said...

I can't believe what you paid for the sconces!!!
Love every single fabric and those handles...good lord...they're all incredible!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I'd say there's no procrastination here! Look at all those gorgeous choices! I love all that hardware and I can't wait to see what you picked! Good luck keepin on!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Oh yeay!! Seems like you have been working hard rather than procrastinating. I love all your fabric, lighting and knob options. Choosing art is so hard when you need to agree with your husband right?!! I can't wait to see what options you chose. I'm getting so, so excited to see all the reveals in just two weeks!

kate@willowinteriors said...

Love the animal prints and that sconce you chose! And pinned all your brass hardware for future stealing! :)

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

yeah. i hear you. i am dying over those overstock lamps. serge who?

SHERRY HART said...

Pretty much any one of those lights....fabrics...or hardware is OK with me! I could also just close my eyes and pick....then be happy!

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

Can't wait to see it all! I think that picture you took at Louisberg Cider Mill would make a great piece of art :) I use Social Print Studio for my Insta prints but you probably know something great as well! Just a thought!

celine@aquahaus said...

You're such a tease! I wanna see it all!!! I love the Ballard fabric.

mrs. V | Chez V said...

I could close my eyes and point to any of the options in fabric, lights, and hardware and come up aces. All fantastic choices. Excited to see which ones you land on, T Gwendelyn.

Jessie said...

So many gorgeous hardware options! I would pick #3 or #7, they are my favorites!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Oh, this is bringing back memories of the sconces I installed in our former bedroom. They stayed with the house (wipe tear from eye). I don't understand why you ordered white to then paint black? I could not decide on the hardware. All of them would be fine.

Unknown said...

LOOVE the light fixtures you went with, holy great reader tip! All of the animal prints are gorgeous, in love with that Michael Devine dottie, cant wait to see what you choose! x jana

designchic said...

This is going to be so good. Love the direction and all of the choices are amazing!!

Unknown said...

These are all phenomenal choices! I love so many of them. Good luck with your final picks- it's gonna be great!!!! xo Nancy

Jessie | The Design Daredevil said...

Ummmmmm....thank you for all of those glorious sources. I love you!

Amy C said...

I couldn't find an option from your choices that I DID NOT like. Amazing finds and thank you so much for the sources! I can't wait to see which ones you chose and how they fit in the room!

Unknown said...

oooh. i am loving all of these options.
sconce #3. I want!!!!!

Michelle @ Eamonn & Jack said...

Oh my goodness I love all the things you've shared this week. Those scones are AMAZING, and I'm dying over the fabrics - can't wait to see what you pick!

Unknown said...

Hi Tobe -

Thanks for the hardware shoutout! I hope you are doing well.

Jess

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

you little tease. Nice options here.

Samantha said...

PLEASE tell me where number #11 is from- the link is broken and I'm seriously OBSESSED! They are so beautiful, I've never seen anything like that anywhere!

Samantha

Tobe | BIA said...

Samantha, the link is fixed! Thanks for letting me know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger