Decor // Nursery Inspired

May 15, 2013

Try as I might, I can't stop thinking about this nursery finally coming together. I mean, I have definitely been nesting these past few months but now that the room is painted, I want nothing more than to start getting things in place.

The walls are the same delicious soothing light gray as our family room (the name of the color escapes me now, but it's Ben Moore) and we've repurposed the old family room rug for this room. We'll probably also be repurposing the "Jimenez dresser" as it is affectionately named from the dining room to use as a dresser/changing table. I randomly snagged a giant stuffed giraffe (a la this guy) at a garage sale last summer (totally not even pregnant at the time -- holy psycho) for $5 so that will make its way in there as well. And the crib that I used as a baby will be code compliant once Eric makes a few adjustments, so Baby Reed will use the same crib that my brother and I did!

I know. So fun, right?

* And, seriously, I married a fire protection engineer so things will be compliant. I know what you other mommies are thinking about using an old crib. *

Anyway, just thought I'd round up a few fun bits and pieces I've seen on the internets and longed for...


I'm learning that gender neutral is not that hard when it comes to decorating the room. Clothes, however, are a whole different story.

Also, mix in some vintage goodness up there. And apparently there will be an animal slant if my tendencies win out :)

11 comments:

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

ok im dying to see a mood board of how the whole room is coming together - do you have a plan or is it top secret? i know you;ll do great things in there. i wanna see what youre thinkin!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

So glad you are using that ottoman. I desperately wanted it for my girls' room but the colors didn't work. I love it! This is going to be one fab room! And gender neutral baby clothes...near impossible. I remember searching for that stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm not even pregnant and I can't stop thinking of my make believe nursery. haha I love the idea of putting a giant animal in the room!! Haha...I am sure your nursery will be very compliant! xo

Unknown said...

I'm loving that blue pagoda lamp!
www.FripperyVintage.com

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Yeay!!! Its so exciting! I love what you have so far! And that lamp is fabulous! I agree.

Unknown said...

That leather hippo is killing me! Love it! This room is gonna be crazy good!! xxx

Chelsea said...

Gah, I am just dreaming about a baby, and this makes me want one even more. Oh, and about that hippo. Obvi. Don't try to resist. xo

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

I love that you are using an old crib! I was in a 1940s crib with fighter jets on it. It was probably not compliant though...

I love your board and I love the cute graphics....I kinda want that hippo for myself.

Alexa said...

so cute. The hippo is just to die for! :)

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

This is going to be the best nursery! I can't wait to see it all come together. BTW that hamper is adorbs.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Haha agree! not so much neutral out there for clothes but a lot for decor, love ALL your picks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger