Interiors // Design Manifest

November 1, 2012

Today I think we should talk about the supreme talent that is Design Manifest. Many of you may already be familiar with this father/daughter team, even if you're not aware of it. Remember this loft that made blog rounds awhile back? That's my girl, Naomi. She is seriously tops and she's at it again.


Truly a master of the mix, she is aces at combining color, pattern and scale for maximum impact. She also shares my intense love for persian rugs. I mean, please. Freaking look at the color in that bad boy! Plus stripes and a peacock mirror? Game. Over.


The global influence is always apparent, but appropriately exercised. There's a classic element to her work that tempers the bohemian vibe just right. That balance is so dang hard to achieve! Lots of people overdo it.


The color whore in me is squealing right now. The rug and the light fixture combo slays me. I've considered Panton chairs more than a few times (poor Eric is tired of hearing about the dining room chair debate) . . . don't you think they would look so good with the new rug?! Part of me will always resist what's already been done though. I need covetable chairs that no one has ever seen! (And at a good price. And in time to host Thanksgiving dinner. No big deal.)

Courtney Apple photography for Design Manifest

She's revealing the living room of their latest project today (rounding out the tour of the spaces I've shown), and it's going straight into the inspiration files for our pad. White walls, saturated rug, pops of color, graphic art and such an elegant ease to the space. I'm entirely obsessed and I want it all now. Way to go, Nay!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more- LOVE her!!!!

drew elizabeth said...

Amazing design. Wish I had this in my inspiration files before we moved!!!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

good call Tobe - she's amazing. and i love her commentary too

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

She's so freaking talented, I LOOOOVE everything she does!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Thanks girlfriend!!! You are the best.

As for the panton chairs, obviously classics have been done before, but its all in the interpretation. Mix in cool head chairs, get a funky chair. Not everything has to be "never seen before."

Nichole Loiacono said...

Love that girl! She's really coming into her own!

stone range hoods said...

Love the black cabinet. And the design above it is amazing.
~ Herman Swan

Erin said...

Nay nay is so badass! Love seeing her pics all huge and glorious like.

Unknown said...

Oh it's all SO SO good... that boho glam vibe is strong and she's rocking it. xxx

Anonymous said...

where can i find this coffee table?? i'm looking everywhere but want to find this exact one. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger