Wear/Where // A Sunny Afternoon Co. Inspired

July 10, 2013

Have you guys caught Sarah Sherman Samuel's new shop, A Sunny Afternoon Co.? Chock full of straight adorableness made right here in the U.S. I highly recommend a peep. I mean, the Green Cross Tea Towel was cute enough to inspire today's Wear/Where...which is saying something, right?

From Gaby // What I love about maxi skirts is that they have this incredible versatility to dress you up while keeping your look relaxed, and the colour of this pleated maxi skirt really caught my eye, isn't it stunning?! So, to dress it down for a relaxed Saturday morning, I paired it with some of my summer staples: a laid-back white tee and low wedge black espadrilles. The floral clutch adds the perfect punch of summer fun (that kind of rhymes huh?!), and to complete the look, classic aviators and a boho chic wood and tassel necklace do the trick ;)
tea towel // napkin // mercury tealight holders (one, two) // glassware // plate // chairs // saarinen table

As for the where, I'm imagining a casual Saturday morning with veggie omelets and one too many extra spicy bloody marys. A marble top Saarinen table paired with these beautiful classic chairs starts us off with a delightfully modern look. I recommend softening things up with a set of Anthro's insanely gorgeous Sissinghurst Castle plates. Napkins and glasses in playful colors are obviously a must. Add some greenery and a bit of sparkle to round things out. True romance at the breakfast table, no?

10 comments:

Martyna said...

Love this set, especially the floral bag! xx

Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

so beautiful!!! I love the home and the outfit picks! I spy a Gold and Gray fab necklace!

FripperyVintage said...

Love the color of the maxi skirt.

ALLIE NYC said...

What a cute and clever post. LOVE that clutch!!

Ali of

Dressing Ken

Unknown said...

So so pretty!! I love that green maxi skirt and the tulip table of course!!! Fab round up!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Love it! that skirt is too fab! It's killer with the long pleats!

Amy @ Yellow Hammer Design Shop said...

Such a perfect combination!

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

I love that green maxie!!!! Probably a blessing in disguise it's sold out in my size, I wouldn't be able to resist!

Emily said...

I love those black bentwood chairs with the Saarinen table. I've been looking for some chairs like that on craigslist in St. Louis and had some luck but couldn't pull the trigger on them. I can definitely imagine them with a colorful Persian rug.

I follow you on Instagram but this is my first time to comment on your blog. Thanks for all of your great content (and for sharing your craigslist/thrifting finds on Instagram)!

Emily

Tobe | BIA said...

Emily, thanks so much for introducing yourself! I def say go for the bentwoods...and a persian :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger