Monday Blues // 41

July 1, 2013

Happy Monday! We're coming off an amazing baby shower high with friends and family over the weekend. I must say it again -- my cup seriously runneth over. I'd been feeling like preparing for this wee one was a bit like planning a wedding. (I may or may not tend to put a lot of pressure on myself when it comes to - oh - everything.) But I have to say that now I just feel so so grateful not only to have a healthy babe on the way, but such an incredible extended family to introduce him or her to! Even though we still have many things to do and figure out, I just feel this overwhelming sense of calm. Finally. It's wonderful.

I'm sure a week or two out, I'll be a complete wreck all over again. 

I digress.

Gaby just posted this space last week, but it was so good that I couldn't help but use it for today's Monday Blues. Smitten with the brightness, the pattern play and that grounding black of the chair.


 Hope you are all in for a fabulous week ahead!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so behind on all of my magazine reading. I love this space and wish I had seen it when I blogged about using lattice on walls a few weeks ago.

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

it's all about that awesome art for me.

FripperyVintage said...

Love that folk art painting in the photo.

Amy @ Yellow Hammer Design Shop said...

Such a great room. Fun art! Congrats on your many blessings right now :)

Alexa said...

Beautiful space! And it's so exciting preparing for a new one! That sense of calm is one of the best feelings...everything will fall into place!

Unknown said...

That is so fun Tobe, congrats on the baby shower and your feeling of serenity. I am so happy for you. This is such a special time and those hormones I know are all over the map. Just take good care of yourself and surround yourself with positive energy.
xoxoNancy

Anonymous said...

Holy cow I want to live here!!!!!!!!!! I love the trellis mirror situation! And the fabric on the sofa is insanity!!! xo

LeeLee said...

Love the art.

Jessica said...

aww so excited for little baby reed!!
and yes this space is amazing.

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

love the painting!! it makes the space!! So glad your baby shower went so beautifully! So nice to have all your family and friends shower you with love. All this anticipation is so exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger