Monday Blues // 42

July 8, 2013

via Curbly

 So I missed the chance to tell my fellow Americans happy 4th last week. Oopsies. Hope everyone, regardless of where you reside, had a wonderful weekend! We got a LOT accomplished around hurr, which feels amazing. This little bambino is sneaking up on us and it's all making me a little anxious. I hear they don't need much to start, but you know every first time mom wants that shiz in place. (Even the procrastinating ones - ha!) So we're close....ish. The crib is painted and back together and we're making progress on the nursery closet overhaul.


It worked out that I got a lot of family time over the long weekend as well. Couldn't be happier about that. My little brother and I are very close, but don't really manage to spend much one on one time together...when my car needed some work, he ended up chauffeuring me around for a day just the two of us, and it was so so great. Wish we had made more time for days like that!


Eric and I also indulged in some down time with a little date night on Wednesday and a few lazy evenings cuddled up on the couch. While I haven't been terribly emotional during this pregnancy (unless you count my shortening temper), watching What Dreams May Come on Saturday night really brought on the waterworks! Have you guys seen that? Wow. It had been awhile for me -- way before the man of my dreams, the idea of children, and having to put a pet down -- and lemme tell ya, the raccoon look was in full effect.

So there's my Dear Diary entry for the month. Holy novel.

And if you follow BIA on Instagram or Facebook, you know that the above shots inspired some nursery action this weekend.
More to come on that soon...

10 comments:

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

can't wait to see more on that nursery!! glad you relaxed this weekend. Love all these pics!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

So glad you got stuff started on the nursery, I know what a good feeling that is. I found a changing table- well actually it was my grandfathers that I get to keep but that counts as progress right?? That is like the kitchen of my dreams. Major love.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I need to see this fab nursery mamma!! :)

jacquelyn | lark&linen said...

I swear that kitchen was the first thing I ever blogged about and I'm STILL obsessed with it.

Amy said...

so pretty! a great summer color.

Alexa said...

So excited about that nursery Tobe! I can't believe you're getting so close! I am honestly so ready at this point!

FripperyVintage said...

Love that backsplash!

Anonymous said...

We bought our house from a flipper and when we moved in, we noticed all of our ceilings were blue. It kind of threw me off, but I love them so much now. I'm kind of wishing the kitchen ceiling was a turquoise like in this post!! xo

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I'm so excited to see your nursery! You're getting so close. Keep up the good work lady!

Unknown said...

Firstly, I'm loving the pale turquoise ceilings - goodness, this nursery is going to be gorgeous. Secondly, I haven't thought about that film in YEARS but I remembered that I loved it and how moving it was. Just watched the trailer and now I must see it again. Amazing. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger