Fashionista // Dressing up that LBD

May 2, 2013

Being the frugal woman that I am when it comes to my closet, I'm really trying to make my wardrobe go as far as possible during this pregnancy. I have a couple of pre-pregs pants that I can still swing the rubber band trick on (not sure why I resisted that for so long), and I've had to invest in a few additional pairs. But I'm otherwise still wearing quite a few of my existing tops and dresses. (At 25 weeks/6 months, it looks like that will be coming to an end soon.) I've been lucky enough to have a few very generous friends donate their pregnancy clothes, which is going to go a looooong way.

One thing that has posed somewhat of a challenge is dressing up. With two weddings under our belt this year, we still have a couple of summer weddings approaching. Like I said, I've gotten away with my existing wardrobe so far. I'm hoping to get into one of my favorite LBDs for this next wedding, but that means giving it some kind of summer flair. Lucky for moi, that's easily done with shoes or jewels! I'm looking to a few of the options below if going the jewel route.

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15

Of course, a new pair of shoes or a statement necklace never hurt anyone either....

9 comments:

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I lived in bracelets and earrings while pregnant. Sadly I retained so much dang water that I could only get my feet into a beat up pair of Burkes. I was totally jealous of the pregnant lades who could still rock-it in heels. But I made up for it in jewelry ;)

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

I love number 13! Don't worry you'll make a fabulous pregnant lady :)

Leah said...

I love your earring choices! I might have to buy #8.

Unknown said...

Lots of great options! Check out my website FripperyVintage.com for vintage earrings no one else will have anything like it.

Unknown said...

LOVE THESE. I am obsessed with this subtle return to the 80's I am seeing in jewelry.

<3becky
www.loosefromthezoo.com

Anonymous said...

Looove #3! There is something about "dressed" up turquoise earrings that I just love!!! xo

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

I love every single one of these- but esp #5 and #12. I tend to get by with shoes and jewels each wedding season myself! Part the hair differently, tie it back or blow it out... my LBD is the only constant.

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

I would take em all, but I especially love #15....black and gold is my jam!

Chelsea said...

What fabulous picks!! I love them all. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger