One Room Challenge No. 5 // Fall 2015

November 4, 2015

It's week 5!!! We're still alive (and speaking even!). I don't have a ton of eye candy type updates for you because, well, we've been racing to the finish line on this custom wall unit, leaving little time to focus on other visual delights. In case I haven't adequately expressed by undying love for him enough already, I can safely say that I have scored the most wonderful, patient, talented man I have ever known. Eric has worked tirelessly this past week to make the wall unit happen, even after more than a few "we should scrap this whole thing" comments from the "brains" behind this whole operation. (I use that term loosely.) He has never wavered and I'm so grateful.

Good thing I'm totally worth it ;)

Catch up real quick if you're checking in for the first time: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4

Progress since last Saturday morning (yes, mere days ago):

Getting framed in

Ava and her assistant putting the doors on and testing the fauxdenza for sturdiness




Painting underway (at midnight as the Royals win the World Series!!!!!)


The doors are being reinstalled as I type this. They'll get a few coats of paint -- have I mentioned that I am NEVER painting again?! -- and we'll be ready to style this baby up.


The drapes are hemmed and will go back up tonight. Can't wait to see how perfectly accurate my measurements are (said with palms pressed and head to sky). I think I've committed to scrapping the bamboo shade for a simpler look. While I love the texture the shades bring, I think I can get that elsewhere. It's just too fussy with both.

I've also run into more than one issue with curious little fingers and accessible items on the Sarreid chest, so I conned begged by brother to come by and help Eric move this beauty into the space in its place.

It's a Kent Coffey Amerasian chest that I have listed on One Kings Lane right now. It's actually been listed for quite some time, which I kind of can't believe. If no one else wants it, I guess I'll be forced to give it a good home....Frankly, it's perfect for this space in terms of storage, and looks amazing against the light gray walls. Those of you that know me know I have a thing for contrast! And brass. And that delicious brass hardware just slays me. My only concern is the visual weight of it, especially once the large dark table is back in place. So I'm still keeping my options open.

Things left to do:
Not even going to list them lest I crumble into a weeping pile. But it's going to get done! Because photoshoot this weekend. Wish me luck filling those beastly shelves and zhushing things up just right. I so appreciate everyone's support through this ORC (especially last week). I love hearing your feedback and the encouragement truly gets me through this adequately-titled challenge. That I say I'm doing for the last time. Every time.

I suspect the people closest to me will hold me to that promise this time....

Hope the other players are feeling the burn making great progress in this final stretch! Big reveals next week!! So many of these spaces I'm just clamoring to see!




16 comments:

SHERRY HART said...

Week 5 is tough....you can see the light at the end of the tunnel but imagining it can all get done is the hard part! That chest....whoa.

jana bek design said...

I love the chest and Ava is the cutest assistant ever! Can't wait for your reveal!!

Arielle said...

Look at those shelves coming together! And I fall in love with that medallion every time I see it. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

The chest looks stunning! But the room will look great with or without it. Can't wait for the reveal!

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

It will happen! You will wrap it all up. That chest is gorgeous and what a darling assistant.

Kyla @HouseOfHipsters said...

Oh that chest is gorgeous! I absolutely adore brass hardware! Your space is going to look amazing. Can't wait to see the final reveal next week.

ocpio said...

Lovely choices!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

I can't wait to see the final reveal next week :) Going to be amazing for sure!

xo
cristin

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

The shelves look So so so so good! I know you can do it. xoxo

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Ava is getting so big! What a great husband. Hang in there.

Arianna Belle said...

That wall unit is going to be awesome. Yay for sweet husbands that help!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I enjoyed your pictures. My husband had no place to hide when I needed him also.

Ivy Lane said...

The "faux denza" is a great idea! It is going to be so beautiful all "styled out". I hope you keep that beautiful chest in the space. I am SURE you will be able to style the top and put some art above or a mirror...or... I guess what I am saying.. I LOVE it and hope you find a way to keep it...

Good luck this week! Can't wait to see the final reveal!

Ivy

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I enjoyed your pictures. Shout out to our helpful husbands.

Rachael said...

Cannot wait to see these shelves in action!

rvoss said...

Could you tell us how the shelves are attached to the wall and supported? They look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger