A Simple and Chic Friendsgiving Table

November 20, 2015


If you follow along on Instagram then you know that right smack in the middle of the One Room Challenge dining room makeover, I hosted some co-workers for a little friends, fun, and feast.

For those of you that are fairly new here, you may not know that I am the Managing Editor of Hallmark's blog highlighting our highly-celebrated creative community of 500+ in-house artists. Obviously one of the perks of this job is working with creative people all day every day. So while I'll admit to being a little intimidated having them over, it's always so cool to invite creative people into your home. (Okay, let's be honest; I welcome the excuse to invite any friend into our home!) But I feel like other artists respond to the quirkier aspects of our decor. And that always makes me feel a little less...weird.



Same could be said of setting the stage for a great meal. Just like with my home, I wanted something with a neutral base and plenty of personality. (Ahem...enter ze brass menagerie.)


I picked up an ivory linen tablecloth and some funky, vibrant table runners, but in the end, decided to scrap the runner and keep the table more neutral. I'm going through a neutral life stage. Less visual noise is calming me...and I need all the calm I can get with a toddler and pregnancy hormones :)

White everyday dinnerware and my vintage Thai bamboo flatware (similar here) kept things warm and fresh. Vintage tumblers housed what I can only assume was the most delicious Sparkling Cranberry Orange Sangria ever known to man because Ali made it. (I really need to stop hosting parties while pregnant.) She also provided a spread of sides. Which is genius, if you ask me, because I suspect only a select few of us get actual joy from cooking a huge turkey twice in one month (or year, if you're me). It was all so incredibly delicious. (Ali detailed and linked the entire menu here.)






 Florals aren't really my game, but I wanted to give it a shot. I played around with incorporating produce into the arrangement and tabletop. I love that the centerpiece really took center stage this way! It was great for conversation, too. "Is that...kale...in there?"



Why yes, yes it is. Details on how I did it here.

The other standout was the place cards. One of my coworkers hosted a feather-painting workshop with several Hallmark artists, and the results immediately inspired the place settings.


Those watercolor floral napkins don't hurt anything either...

Details and downloads for the place settings available here.



All in all, we had a crazy good time, and I'm really excited to start making this an annual tradition at our house. I'm curious -- how many of you are hosting Friendsgiving this year? I feel like it's a real thing now, which is so so awesome. 

This post is in collaboration with Think.Make.Share and Gimme Some Oven. All opinions are my own. Photos courtesy of Jane Kortright for Think.Make.Share.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love your floral centerpiece - I'm absolutely rubbish with flower arranging and this looks fabulous (and maybe not so hard that I can't try it myself!). Those napkins and feathers just finish off everything so well, what a pretty table xx

Erica Cook said...

Love all of this, such a pretty set up. I haven't had a chance to stop by lately and it was lovely to pop over and catch up. Hope you're well. xo Erica

Maria at inredningsvis said...

LOVE the little golden owls :)

Lardecoramado said...

Really, really beautiful! Lovely and pretty!

Debbie said...

Very nice. I love your floral arrangement and the brass owls. They are adorable!

Tarra said...

I have to agree with Kimberly, love the floral centerpiece!

Brass Figurines said...

Beautiful!!! Love the gorgeous floral decor and your way of adding place cards for a personal touch is really adorable.

Jess said...

Your gold flatware paired with simple white plates are SO AMAZING.

Well done. I love it.

Feel free to stop by my home decor blog if you have a chance :)

xx,
Jess

Daniel said...

Fantabulous. Loved everything, great job.

Lavues said...

Nicely done, such a lovely set :)

Emily said...

Love the eucalyptus leaves you used; these are always my favorite (they remind me of my wedding).

http://www.eatsbyem.com/affordable-modern-home-decor/

Yuri said...

you said florals aren't your game, but they definitely love to be touched by you! awesome result.

Camille said...

Beautiful setup and wonderful details!

Alison Palmer said...

I love this idea of Friendsgiving. I always host the holiday and plenty of family comes, but I normally "adopt" people who are alone on the special day. That really makes the whole day even better.

Emily Grey said...

Do you do all of your designs by yourself?

I am curious because I love your furniture. Would you be willing to share where you shop?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger