Monday Blues // 26

March 11, 2013

Apologies for the little hiatus last week. Things be gettin busy around here! This week is shaping up to be much the same.

You may have seen out there in the blogsphere that one of those things keeping me busy (mostly praying to Mother Nature for some actual spring weather) is the upcoming Home Depot Patio Style Challenge. I'm excited to be participating this year, and have lots of plans for pulling our patio together at lightning speed once we're able.


Since right now our patio looks like a lotta this, we have a way to go. I'm excited to see what these other fine folks put together as well! You can see our collected inspiration on the Style Challenge Pinterest board.

As I've been pulling inspiration of my own, I've realized that I am very much about the casual, weathered old world garden look. (A la half of Arch Digest's outdoor gallery.)


But I'm also all about bright, lively and modern outdoor rooms like these.

1 // 2 & 3 // 4

Ultimately, my recipe for success is comfort, style and lots of potted plants. Probably some turquoise.
Now if we could just get the weather to turn so we can get the patio furniture out, we'll have a good start.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you all come up with- love your inspiration!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Can't wait to see you rock it.

Unknown said...

Great photos, lots of good inspiration! Looking forward to seeing what you pull together.
www.FripperyVintage.com

Anonymous said...

Argh I really need to work on our backyard before it gets really hot!!! Can't wait to see what you do! I'm sure it will inspire me to get my arse in gear!! xo

Unknown said...

Gorgeous inspiration - we need to get our back deck sorted this summer...praying for Spring here as well - it's sunny but it's bloody FREEZING! I'm looking forward to see what you pull together, no doubt it'll be fab xxx

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

its gonna be love-ly. A fancy patio is on my bucket list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger