Getting Personal // Five Things

March 22, 2013

My dearest Jacquelyn tagged me to participate in the Five Things phenom floating around the blogsphere, and as one of my very first blogger friends, I find her hard to turn down. Then Elizabeth went and did the same so I officially haaaaave to do it! So here goes . . . five things you may or may not care to know about me:


ONE

I could probably eat pasta for every meal. I looooooooove it in all of its glutenous glory. Sometimes I'm good and go the gluten free or spaghetti squash route, but usually I just opt for the whole wheat version and pat myself on the back.

Mexican is a close second.



TWO


Unlike much of blogland, I care very little about clothes. As in, it pains me to buy them. I would 1,000x rather spend money on my home or a great night out than anything that goes on my person, and I would quite willingly pay good money to have someone else tell me what to put in my closet and how to wear it. Any takers for a trade? :)

When I am making purchases, I tend to err on the casual side and just pray it doesn't look too sloppy. I would rock this look everyday! And I do get excited about accessories, so please don't shun me completely . . .


THREE


I read maps upside down. For some reason, my quirky little brain pictures north at the bottom instead of the top. It causes a lot of problems when on roadtrips. Left. NO RIGHT. NO LEFT.


 FOUR

 one of my favorite captured moments, well into the evening of our wedding day

I never wanted to get married . . . but I always wanted children. Maybe it was because my parents divorced when I was young or maybe because I just never had great luck with men boys, but I insisted that I would never marry from a shockingly young age. The idea just didn't appeal to me. I fell in love repeatedly and even hoped that a couple of them would last foreverever, but it wasn't until Eric came into the picture that it felt like actual legal marriage could (and would!) mean something.

Goes without saying that I was never one of those girls that dreamed about their wedding day either. But I think we did all right.

I did write a paper in seventh grade suggesting that I would be a foster parent so kids were apparently always a go?! I was also going to be a radiologist, so what did I know?


FIVE


I love cats. Like, psychotically love them. If I hadn't fallen for a man with allergies, I would probably be on my way to becoming a straight up cat lady.

And (gasp!) I really don't like dogs.

I know. Inhuman.


Happy Friday, friends! ox

15 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

this post is the BEST, tobi. I so second the clothes thing! when other gals say, "wanna go shopping?" and they're thinking *clothes* and not house stuff...what's up with that???

picture of you and eric is AWESOME.

thanks for the personal bits. loved it.

donna

drew elizabeth said...

Loved reading this Tobe. You crazy cat lady :)

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Love learning more about Tobe!! You look so beautiful in your wedding photo! Its ok that you don't love clothes...I still love ya!

Elizabeth // The Now said...

Yayyy!! Ok that wedding picture is so great!!! You guys look so happy! That's so funny you didn't want to get married. I went through a phase where I didn't either. A radiologist? Holy Moly. And I love cats too! If my husband would let me, I would have like 5!!! Have a great weekend! xo

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I would totally live on pasta and mexican if I could! the best stuff on earth!!

Chelsea said...

Bold move, Tobe. Admitting that you straight up don't like dogs. Whoah. But I still love you. And, yes. I will swap. I don't even need to swap, just let me tell you what to wear!

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

I love these posts! You know I'm extremely obsessed with my cat, so I share you feelings about cats. Your wedding photo is lovely... Happy weekend!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

House, not clothes- we totally have that in common. Loved the story behind your change of heart to marry... that shot of the two of you is beautiful. Enjoyed this post!


Linda {Calling it Home} said...

This was so fun to read. I don't really care about clothes, either. I also love a bald, or really short haired man. Beautiful picture of the two of you.

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

But you love Lucy so you're still okay in my book. :)

Unknown said...

I loved this gettin-to-know-ya post! 100% agree with you on pasta and agree with spending money on the house rather than on clothing (but liking accessories). I know people don't get that but I really dispise clothes shopping (I tend to order it all online & just return what I don't want to save the hassle of dressing room drama). Oooh and cats. Well, I've got two. You can borrow them if ya like although I will want them back. The map thing is crazy but I kinda like that yer a little crazy ;)

Love the pinterest board! Happy weekend baby xxx

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

omg omg omg i stumbled on this post and saw that pasta bowl and about died (doing this horrific liquid medical diet right now)... looks dreamy! couldnt even read the rest :)

Jessica said...

LOVE that wedding photo! Aww you look so gorgeous and in love.

And ditto to pasta!

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

i am not just saying this...you and i are eerily similar. like freaky friday samesies.

Unknown said...

I seriously love reading these things!!! Grace tagged me recently, and I've been trying to think of some good ones to post next week.

P.S. I think we need to chat more about a trade for styling services!!! ;) XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger