house guest // the vault files

April 25, 2012

today's house guest is none other than gaby from the vault files! i seriously cannot put into words how much i adore this girl's style. she's going to make me go broke with all of her beautiful fashion finds and stellar advice! she's also the super talent i'm sharing the apartment 34 where/wear column with, and i couldn't enjoy collaborating with her more.

take it away, gaby!

. . . . . . .

Hi everyone, Gaby from The Vault Files here, thrilled and honored to be a house guest on Because it's Awesome! I was very excited when Tobe contacted me to take part in this great series, and because I'm moving back home in a couple of months (I've been living in a very VERY remote island for the past 15 months) I couldn't find a topic more fitting than redecorating.

Do you ever feel like you want to throw everything out the window and start from zero? I often do, but, before actually doing that, I like to keep in mind some small (and not so expensive) changes that can go a long way:


And just as in Fashion, try to identify what can stay as is, what has the potential to be reinvented, and what needs to be tossed/donated/sold ;)

Do you have any tips on redecorating? I would love to hear!

Images credits: Pinterest / Dan Duchars via Desire to Inspire / Crate & Barrel Colette Bench / Caitlin Wilson Textiles Pillows / PopOColor Duralee red Ikat pillow / PopOColor Reversible Blue & White Ikat pillow / Ikea Hemnes Drawer Chest / Molly Madfis Campaign style chest

11 comments:

Like Me Some said...

All fantastic advice!! Love changing up the room with pillows and a can of paint does wonders!!

Avery Leigh Cox said...

Love these tips! They are so true and so easy to do with big results. Thanks for sharing... love your blog. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

Annie said...

Gaby is so right on with these tips. I think paint especially has an incredible way of transforming a room. And it's kind of therapeutic as well!

Erin said...

Holy crap that purple paint is scary and amazing at the same time... I really need to grow a pair.

Good tips!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

Great tips! I am totally digging that purple paint!

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

Love the advice Gaby! Especially loving all the pillow covers you picked. That pink and red ikat pillow is amazing!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This is definitely the best advice! Before you scrap the whole thing, switch it up, I always find I end up in love with it again (c:

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Thank you so much for having me Tobe! And for your sweet sweet words! I heart you partner ;)

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Great feature Toby, LOVE Gaby and love the tips!

Alexa said...

Oh I love Gaby she is so creative. And I agree with her on the pillow covers. Now I just need to make the move and recreate a piece of furniture!

L.A. in the bay said...

love all of this advice and pretty much everything Gaby has to say! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger