House Guest // (BAD) Blog About Design

January 24, 2013

Today's house guest is a man after my own heart. He has a great eye for art (umm...holy gorgeous), loves vintage furniture and, as evidenced below, needs to be dressing me. With the cool weather we've been experiencing lately, I'm all over this spring inspiration!

http://www.elledecor.com
Hello Because It's Awesome readers! Brendan here of (BAD) Blog About Design. I want to thank Tobe for having me on today's house guest series. Living in NYC, I'm feeling the cold temperatures. So I wanted to take my mind to spring and out of the winter. The space above was featured in Elle Decor, I love all the pastel colors and bright pinks, oranges, and graphic art in the space. It's an inviting Living Room, that makes you want to kick your feet up and relax. My favorite pieces in the space are the two bright orange armchairs. I'm huge fan of anything vintage. I love the 1960s-80s and often find myself buying pieces from this period. The chairs have a strong form and really ground the seating area. If you want to give your Living Room some updating for the spring, stick to bright solid colors. Lamps, flowers, pillows, are a great way of giving your space a new look with minimal work. I'm kind of curious as to what the view is looking out those floor to ceiling windows? What do you think of the space? Below are a few fashion picks that have a similar look and feel to the space. They're all great pieces for the spring. 
Thanks for the warm up, Brendan! ox

4 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

love those suede pumps & ostrich clutch!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Yum! All so pretty. Love that skirt

Unknown said...

That skirt is just so pretty!

Unknown said...

Almost makes me forget the sub zero temperatures outside! Love the dress, the skirt and that amazing clutch! Gorgeous x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger