type tuesday || levi's

January 10, 2012

i couldn't help but laugh when i spotted this old levi's ad recently. way back in 2002, this inspired one of my first design projects in college (i tried to pull up the file to share, but it's saved in such a way that it's corrupted and can't be viewed by my current version of photoshop *sigh*). it was one that i showed in my portfolio when i applied for my job with hallmark in 2005, and earned me a position in the lettering department, where i am still happily learning and designing daily.

art by morla design via carole guevin (courtesy of pinterest)

ah, memories.
i honestly wish i could show you my version. it's . . . awesome.

do any of you just cringe when you look back at old work?

7 comments:

Jessica Rowe {The Aestate} said...

Wish we could see yours!
Oh yes, I definitely cringed looking back through my first-year interior design student projects. Tim Gunn would have "questioned the taste level"

Tobe | BIA said...

haha! he'd say the same for me for sure! i have looked high and low for my portfolio, because i know there's a printed copy somewhere....must have (rightfully) been lost in the move :)

Chelsea said...

Ok, we have to see yours! What a tease! Since I love styling and hope to eventually be doing it I would say I have made a couple of questionable fashion choices. xo

Elissa said...

Oh my gosh, yes! I definitely cringe. But- thank goodness for evolving from the first works, right? We had to start somewhere!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Totally cringe. But I like to think that it's because my skillz have improved. It would be kind of bad if I looked back at work from college or high school and thought "this is SO good and I wouldn't change a thing." No?

Bess said...

Not only do I cringe look at my college portfolio but also some of my early cards here at HMK. Bless my first AD's heart -- she had to have seen potential..... I guess.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Cringe? constantly!!!! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger