interiors || katie ridder and a crush on color

January 25, 2012

you guys. i freaking love your comments! you honestly make my days so much better. i wish i knew every last one of you in person, because i know we would have a seriously good time.

moving on . . .

i'm sure most all of us are familiar with katie ridder's semi-recently released katie ridder rooms, yes? if not, here's what you need to go out and get immediately:

get it on amazon like i just did (late to the party, i know)

i know this might seem like a huge no-no since i just came from a conference harping on original content, but i'm in a whole new place when it comes to inspiration since i have a new house to decorate.
so bear with me if you've seen these images a thousand times.
pretend you just bought a new house to decorate, too, and you're equally obsessed with color.

katie seems to know a thing or two about color. and she's certainly not scared of it.
which i love.






images and design via katie ridder

it would be completely unfair for me to be considering lavendar walls for g's room now, wouldn't it?
so many ideas. so few rooms.

12 comments:

Kimberly FitzSimons said...

Bold! If I had to pick a favorite, I'd choose the green wall with the bird art! Very bold - but not sure I could pull it off!

Lauren (stillpluslife) said...

Oh. MY. GOD. You say you love our comments, but I apologize because seriously, I have NO WORDS. Well, maybe: YUM.

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Those dining chairs are kind of amazing. I WANT THIS BOOK!

Tobe | BIA said...

so good. you guys neeeeeed it. no one does color like this woman!

Hannah said...

UM amazing. That dining room? I die.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Anonymous said...

That blue dining room is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would love a bright and colorful room like that! xoxo

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Oh My I am dying over those red and yellow chairs!! ahhhh!! :)

Betsy said...

You make me laugh :) I haven't bought a new house and I don't (really) need to decorate, but I NEVER get tired of seeing Katie Ridder on the blogosphere! Have you checked out Miles Redd? He's the color king.

Anonymous said...

Love the reading room!

Jackie said...

These images are gorgeous! Katie Ridder is so talented, I definitely want this book.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I had not heard of her or seen these rooms, so as far as I'm concerned this is original content. ;0)

(Perhaps you'll have to fill me in sometime about that because I certainly love being introduced to beautiful spaces, designs and photographs much more than "original" recipes and crappy photos...especially when we don't get paid for all the work we put into it and we are providing content for free!)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, just love her and her amazing use of color! That apple green dining room is one of my favorites I think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger