party on // cinco de mayo

May 4, 2012

happy friday, all! are we all prepared to get our cinco de derby on?? i know we have some fun plans for the weekend.

truth is, cinco de mayo kind of has a special place in my heart, because eric says that our first one together marked the night he knew he loved me. he'd be spittin a bunch of mumbo jumbo about never wanting to get married again or have more kids. i didn't care too much about getting married (or so i thought at the time), but the idea of not having any babes of my own was a deal breaker. legend has it, when i explained why i was so intent on having kids, he knew he'd found the one.

collective awwwwww.

whatever your reason to celebrate the day, here are some delicious ideas to get your party started:






i have my own tried and true margie recipe that i'll be sharing in a guest post next week, so stay tuned.


Disfrute de su fin de semana! ox

7 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Adore your recommended libations! Neeeeeed a drink now! Is that the alcoholic in me??

jacquelyn | lark & linen said...

cinco de mayo has never been a thing up here - but I am envious that it's so wildly popular in the states, and may need to celebrate all the same

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Spanish? You speak spanish?
I don't drink but that strawberry mojito looks reaaally good!

Emily Meyers said...

Hey There! I love your blog! I just added myself to your followers for support and wanted to invite you to come stop by and enter a fabulous MODCLOTH giveaway I'm having right now!

Hope to see you there, THanks so much!!

xo, Emily

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

Unknown said...

Aww! For sure! And you broke the urban legend that you can't change a guy's mind about marriage and kids. :0)

Ginger cilantro margarita sounds amazing! Anything ginger for me, really!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Awesome story. All it takes is the right woman to turn around a stubborn man. Well maybe that theory is flawed...

Either way, I boozed to much on the 4th that by cinco de derby I was in no mood to celebrate. Instead my guy and I went to the movies and saw Five Year Engagement. It was liking watching ourselves in a mirror. Weird.

Unknown said...

I totally love your post. I'm in need of some good cocktail recipes, and this is amazing<3
I really like your blog - would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger