type tuesday || kate spade new york

November 15, 2011

so, because a lot of awesomeness has been going down in the last few weeks, i haven't had a chance to talk about a little recent shop opening in kansas city. if you follow me on twitter, you heard all about it. if you don't, then let me just tell you that kate spade new york and my girl megan biram know how to throw a mean launch party!

street view of the store as photographed by the very talented eric linebarger

photo by eric linebarger

no party is complete without macarons and legit coca cola with stripey straws.

the store is b-e-a-u-tiful right down to the artfully arranged boxes behind the counter.

photo by eric linebarger

and the rainbow striped floors . . . cute shoes don't hurt either.

photo by eric linebarger

and here's the reeeeally fun part (and where my type tuesday reference comes in) . . .
yours truly was there to personalize kate spade totes! my job is tough, right? i look quite serious.

photo by eric linebarger

photo by me

our extreme marker display and my larger than life fingernails even made it onto the ks instagram!


and just because that's not quite enough kate spade for one post, i picked out a few things i'm coveting right now for your entertainment. or holiday shopping. whatever.

12 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

You are one talented lady! This looks like so much fun!

Michelle said...

I wish I hadn't missed this one! I want a personalized kate spade tote with your beautiful handiwork!

Molly said...

Wait - do you live in Kansas City?!?! I am from Kansas City! I wish I could have gone to this opening... KC people have been waiting for a Kate Spade store for YEARS! Looks like it was amazing... Your lettering is so pretty, I want you to write my name!!
xx

Grace (The Stripe) said...

How fun - you are so talented! I love Kate Spade... am drooling over the fur pullover!

victoia | vmac+cheese said...

Oh my god, you HAVE been busy! Your work looks so amazing though. What a fun opportunity!

Mrs. Gumshoe said...

You are so fabulous! And so are your nails! :)

Gild and Grace said...

How completely fabulous! Wish we could have a Kate Spade store here in Oz :)

Abbey x

The Fashion Philosophy said...

This post is beyond adorable! Love all the pops of color, checks, and patterns. So amazing!

ox,
-Davie+Erica
Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

>>http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

katie scarlett said...

This is all so beautiful. I love the colors, I love your handwriting--it's one of my favorite art forms. I'm off to admire the glitter heels...

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Tobe, you’re so talented!

Kate Spade is a favourite of mine – especially the homewares. The polka dot series is to die for!

Tobe | BIA said...

thank you ladies so very much for all of the love! molly, YES, i'm in KC! hope you get to visit the store soon! ox

Chelsea said...

Tobe! I just saw this post ( I have been so behind on my blog reading) LOVE! Your writing, the store, your picks ( I just registered for those tumblers a couple of weeks ago). Also, I am a little jealous. Fun fun fun. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger