lunch reads || caprese salad + julie's digs

March 16, 2011

i tried to sushi theme this week's lunch post in honor of the devastation in japan, but i just couldn't force it. truth is, like most creative people, i am an uber feeler and these kinds of heart-wrenching events throw me into deep emotional turmoil. as in, if i let myself think about it too much, i completely shut down. my heart goes out to those suffering -- and, honestly, to all of those whose heart strings are tugged by a tragedy like this. because, strangely, it feels mildly devastating to be happy and healthy and safe when hardworking, innocent people are suffering. guilt is a powerful emotion. just last week, my husband's (beater) car broke down, and we found out yesterday how much repairs will cost, rendering us unable to make the kind of immediate donation we wish we could. (note || we will definitely still be donating in some capacity)

but, seriously, that's heavy. we're talking convenience over salvation.  how does a person justify that?

i meant for this post to be eloquent and insightful, and i'm finding that it is more along the lines of ugly and selfish. so please forgive me for momentarily practicing avoidance and bouncing blissfully into springy thoughts....

it's no less than gorgeous today and i'm more delighted than words can say that a lighter -- dare i say, springier -- meal is due this week. enjoy some gorgeous caprese skewers while perusing the pages of julie digs design, whose inspiring posts rival the total randomness you find here, but are perfectly succinct in their beautiful voice and tone.






images 2-5 via julie digs design

thanks for listening, friends.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm the exact same way. If I think about it too much it will consume me. But I also feel guilty going on as if nothing happened. It's never easy dealing with such tragedy.

Unknown said...

Those caprese skewers have my mouth watering...

annawithlove said...

lotsss of goodness in this in this photo! :)
http://www.annawithlove.com

julie digs design said...

Aw thanks so much for the shout out!! ;-)

And I know how you feel about the tragedy in Japan - I've been so sadden by it. Such a horrible thing.

Cheers dear - Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger