Artist // Raven Roxanne

August 13, 2015


Just tipped off to an amazing new-to-me artist on Instagram (God bless IG): Raven Roxanne. It looks like she is quite the abstract artist. For anyone that's been around here for awhile, you know I love me some abstract art. The more colorful, the better! Hence my infatuation with:








Soooo many people mistakenly think that anyone can do abstract art. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "looks like my four year old could do it," I would be taking myself to a really nice steak dinner. Talented abstract artists have a trained eye, an incredible color sense, sensibilities to composition and scale, and often develop very personal painting techniques that are unique to their style.

So, no, not everyone can be an abstract artist. That said, art is totally subjective, so I get how some don't appreciate certain styles/mediums/subject matter as much as others. What speaks to one heart may not speak to another. My heart just happens to do extreme palpitations when it encounters artists like this one.

Raven Roxanne has more recently ventured into girls with florals, which are just stunning. The faceless silhouettes make them so moody, but the style and palette keep things lighthearted and fresh. It's the most delicious combo eva eva eva.





She's restocking her online inventory tomorrow, so keep an eye on her site for the latest! I know I will be.

6 comments:

kristin | W [H] A T C H said...

the girls with flowers are so rad.

Jamie@OwlReally.com said...

beautiful!!!! following her now. my heart also does palpitations.
also, so glad you've been blogging lately. :)

Danielle said...

You're right that there is skill needed for abstract art and these paintings show the difference. Those faceless portraits are beautiful.

Anne Cohen said...

There's so much I love about this post! Are those plants by Airplantman? I went to school with him! The displays of them are crazy artistic. Great job.
http://arcwrites.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

These are great! I wish I was better at adding color to my home because I really do love these! Maybe I just have to try it out.

www.velee.weebly.com

Unknown said...

I adore these. Thank you for sharing such a talented artist! I will definitely be following along on instagram!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger