truthfully, i'm not much of a planner so this works for me.
to elaborate on last week's explanation for this room, i have every intention of working with what i already have as much as possible. if we're blessed with another bambino someday, this room's primary function will shift to my step-daughter's room/guest room with secondary use as an office. so no maaaaaaajor overhaul at this point. which is great because it gives me an opportunity to flex my design muscles and experiment a bit.
at the risk of being a total blogger cliche, i've decided to go with white walls. one because i hope to photograph inventory in here so clean and bright is necessary. two, it's uncomplicated and classic. three - and most importantly - i had a can of benjamin moore white dove left over after repainting our formal and kitchen last year. it's the most delicious warm white and it looks fantastic.
additional plans for this space include:
- clean up campaign dresser.
hardware needs some love and i have an ambitious plan for new drawer liners (said the non-DIYer)
- paint out closet and figure out how to best maximize this storage space
- address storage and inventory needs in general
- paint closet doors and possibly back of room door
- new office chair
- inspiration board above desk (another blogger cliche, but a must)
- art and accessories
- find giant unnecessary armoire a new home (preferably literally a new home)
let's check on these other fabulous folk, shall we?
- o x o x -